This luxury guest house is conveniently located to nearby institutions, such as he University of Pennsylvania, the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, Drexel University, the Science Center Corridor, as well as The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, the Children's Hospital and The Ronald McDonald House. There is also nearby public transportation to get you to the Science Center Corridor on Market Street, to down-town Center City as well to and from the Philadelphia International Airport.
Other Information about our Luxury Guest House:
- This is a no-smoking facility
- Rooms: 3 rooms; 2 ensuites
- Rates start: from $69.00 per day for Guest House Accommodations in USD (American Dollars) Note: These rates are based on single occupancy ($30.00 extra for another guest) and these rates are subject to change; discounts for weekly and longer stays.
- Amenities include: Upper Lounge, Front Porch, Rear Deck and Garden, Rear Sun Room, Lower Level Meeting Room, cable TV, Internet Access by wi-fi , whole-house intercom system with music, an organ, whole-house air conditioning
- Concierge Services, including weekly laundry service
- Check-in time: 3:00 p.m. (however, early or late arrivals accepted upon request)
- Check-out time: Before or by 12:00 p.m.
- Other Accommodations: Space is available for small meetings, small retreats, small ceremonies, etc
- Discounts: Available for longer stays.
The innkeeper, Shirley Rheinhart, undertook the project of restoring this 100+years old Victorian property in 2004. She patiently restored the exterior of the house, and restored the interior space including the floors, wood trim, shaker doors, hardware and stairwells. She included some contemporary designs in certain areas of the house. Her goal was to make certain this luxury guest house-- airport housing and university city housing facility would be a memorable experience for any guests staying in Philadelphia, PA.
Ms. Rheinhart has a background in real estate, construction and development, stemming back to 1974. She has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Temple University. She has lived in the University City section of Philadelphia, Pa. for over 30 years.
Ms. Rheinhart comments: "Our guests, some who have never stayed at a guest house, found our house to be clean, nicely appointed with many amenities, and is conveniently located to the International Airport, nearby institutions, as well as very accessible to nearby families and friends." "It's a great place for temporary lodging in the University City section of Philadelphia!" "We offer a home-like setting, courteous staff and affordable room rates. And we want our guests to come again and to tell their friends, families and colleagues about us."